background





Sunday, November 21, 2010

Transfer

Yesterday I had the transfer. All went well. They ended up transferring all three of our embryos. They were all three at the early blast stage and they couldn't really tell which ones were the healthiest so they transferred all three of them. I asked Dr. Storment what the chance of triplets was and he said very little, less than 1 %.

It was really neat seeing pictures of them and watching them be inserting into my uterus on ultrasound. Let's just hope at least on sticks!

So, here's the funny part...I was instructed to come with a full bladder for the transfer, and I took my orders seriously. I drank a whole bunch of water on the way, not knowing that once I got there I would have to wait almost an hour for the transfer. I had to go so bad, I asked if I could empty my bladder, then drink to fill it back up. The Nurse said I could empty half of my bladder, then drink to fill it back up. I knew there would be no way to stop once I got going so I just decided to hold it. By the time the transfer came, I was hurting. Dr. Storment looked at the Ultrasound and said, man, your bladder is full! So, after the transfer he drained my bladder with a catheter so I could rest more comfortably (you have to lay flat for 30 mins before they let you up). So there I was, spread eagle, on the table, while he drained my bladder in front of Kenny and about 3 other nurses and such. After about a minute everyone started laughing at how long it was taking. Dr. Storment even made an Austin Powers reference! Good thing I lost all shame and dignity about a billion vaginal ultrasounds ago!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment