background





Monday, November 29, 2010

Looking to IVF # 2

Our first IVF cycle failed. We are hurting pretty bad. It was one of the most crushing phone calls I have ever received. We had tried to prepare ourselves because we had gotten negative pregnancy test, but even though I knew, the phone call still hurt. I am grieving for the three babies that were transferred. I had gotten attached to them and for the week between my transfer and the negative Beta test, I was pregnant. I had three embryos living and growing inside of me and now they are gone. It really hurts.

But, we are trying to stay strong and hopeful for the next cycle. In a couple of weeks when the pain of the loss wears off we will meet with Dr. Storment to talk about what went right, what went wrong and what changes we can make for our next cycle to be successful. We are hoping to try again sometime over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment