background





Thursday, June 14, 2012

29 Weeks

I can't believe I am 29 weeks already!  My third trimester has started out great, though I have noticed a little more swelling in my feet.  Aubry is super active these days!  When I do my kick counts I usually count 10 kicks in less than 5 minutes.  So blessed that she is a healthy baby and can't wait to hold her in my arms finally!

6/10-Baby shower!  I got lots of really great things.  I am so blessed that my friends and family were so generous.  There isn't much left to buy.  Mostly just small things.  I have also started working on the Nursery I will post picks when I'm done.  I'll also post the pictures from the shower once I get them.  Thanks so much to my friends and family for all that you guys have done:)

6/11-The day after my shower I got a phone call from my doctors office and was officially diagnosed with gestational diabetes.  I was very upset.  I went yesterday and met with a nurse and dietitian.  They gave me a meal plan and said I should be able to control it through diet.  I have to take my blood sugar 4 times a day, once in the morning, then 2 hours after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I was crushed when they told me and felt responsible.  They assured me it's nothing I did, it's all based on hormones.  My focus now is my diet and keeping Aubrey healthy by eating the right things.

That's pretty much it for now!

1 comment: